ONE BIG YEAR INTERNSHIP SCHEME
INTERNSHIPS FOR 2017 ARE NOW CLOSED, BUT OUR SHINY NEW SCHEME WILL BE HERE COME SPRING 2018! FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL FOR UPDATES!
We want to give young people the knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to shape great futures for themselves. That’s what our talent schemes are all about – helping ambitious individuals across the UK to take the first step on their career ladder through an internship or apprenticeship.
Want to hear from our current Interns about life at Viacom International Media Networks? Watch our Intern video that was actually created by our Interns! Huge thanks to Clara Limpus and Claudia Fishwick, who shot and edited this.
• Video contains flashing images.
ONE BIG YEAR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME
It takes all kinds of people doing all kinds of jobs to get our programmes to air and online. From initial ideas and development, to research, production, compliance and scheduling, through to marketing a show and selling our formats globally, everyone plays a part in making it happen. We want to give young people the knowledge, skills and opportunities they need to shape great futures for themselves, so each year we look for talented people to join our One Big Year Internship Scheme and learn what it takes to keep our channels at the forefront of UK entertainment.
Here's everything you need to know:
- All internships are based in London and are for 12 months.
- They are paid - the salary is £19,012.
- We have internships across all of our brands including MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, Viacom International Media Networks and Channel 5.
- Wherever your interests lie; be it Marketing, Design or ReseaRch, we have opportunities across a whole range of business areas including Creative, Marketing, Digital, Consumer Products, Production Management, Research, Corporate Social Responsibility and HR to name a few.
- You don't need a degree, but you do need passion, bags of talent and a burning ambition to launch your media career.
- Internships are advertised on our careers website in the spring (usually February) and those who are successful will be starting with us in June.
- Assessment Centres will be held in April/early May, so you will need to be available for these.
- Whilst we can’t guarantee a permanent role at the end of the placement, a number of our interns have gone onto exciting opportunities across the Viacom business.
Want to find out more? Here's what our Class of 2017/2018 have to say:
So good luck and we can't wait to welcome you to our Hawley Crescent HQ!
VIMN UK Apprenticeship Programme
These 12-month paid Apprenticeship Programme placements provide young people with valuable experience as they spend their time within the MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon teams. If you want to work in media but you’re not sure which direction to take (and you haven’t followed the traditional study route), this could be perfect for you. You’ll gain wide-ranging experience across brands and departments, building an all-round understanding of how the VIMN UK business operates. There’s also the chance to work towards the accredited Advanced Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media.
"The VIMN apprenticeship experience is one like no other. Gifted with an opportunity to gain a unique insight into a range of different world-known media brands, have a hands-on responsible role within the assigned department and a number of beneficial networking opportunities - I consider myself blessed to be involved with this amazing, one of a kind experience."
Sam Alexander, VIMN Apprentice