Manager, Global Consumer Insights
London, Camden Town
As Global Consumer Insights Manager you will be responsible for leading certain projects and supporting others as part of the overall Global Consumer Insights team. This role’s primary responsibility will be to bring the audience to life for Viacom through existing and new research in collaboration with the rest of the Global Consumer Insights team.
In addition to strong analytical and interpersonal skills, this role requires someone who knows how to interpret data and consumer research and has experience in managing primary consumer insights projects as part of a team. They must demonstrate the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers. A candidate with a passion for media and international is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with the Senior Director in managing global insights projects through primary research as well as further exploration and analysis of secondary data. Subjects will include multi-platform and technology developments and usage as well as general audience insight areas and content testing.
- Manage RFP process and administrative tasks for primary research projects.
- Conduct delegated primary and secondary research projects in-house or through external vendors; engage, direct and supervise vendors where relevant; infuse Viacom perspective into projects; ensure outcomes are insightful and deliver on business needs; shape outputs to ‘bring the audience to life’ and champion the wide communication of results throughout the organization.
- Work with the Senior Director and NY-based team to support the overall business in insights projects as the expertise center through best practice and thought leadership; where required, act as project manager for additional primary projects when called upon.
- As part of the insights team, contribute to the maintenance and expansion of insights tools and systems for usage of the wider business.
- The ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities effectively in a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills and ability to form strong professional and working relationships.
- Experience in managing research projects with a high quality of insights being delivered.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail is essential.
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills, as well as a sense of curiosity
- Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; Able to write concisely and compellingly.
- Strong PC and PowerPoint skills a must.
- The ability to be diplomatic with a high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Proven experience in media research, preferably at a media owner (TV/digital).
- Working knowledge of primary research approaches.
- Experience working with research vendors.
- Experienced with working in an international environment.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.