Job Title: Assistant Finishing Editor
Department: Creative Hub
Location: Hawley Crescent
Reporting To: Senior Editor
Purpose Of The Role:
To oversee final pictures and deliver the final output of 5Creative, including but not limited to promos for Channel 5, 5USA & 5STAR, Spike & My5.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed cross brand creative, design, production and media hub, with the ambition of becoming the best in class across the broadcast industry dedicated to delivering innovative and award winning creative that span all platforms across our Viacom consumer brands including Channel 5, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon.
- Ensuring assets are clocked and versioned correctly in After Effects & Premiere before delivering digitally for transmission or any other final destination
- Ensuring assets are correctly interlaced, any GFX are correctly inserted and aspect ratios are correct
- Aligning final audio and ensuring picture sync is correct
- Ensuring all output stays on brand and liaising with the graphics department to facilitate this
- Liaising with creatives & media planning to ensure that versions are correct at time of delivery
- Ensuring deliveries are made as ahead of transmission as possible
- Review workflows to make sure the process is as efficient as it can be
Experience & Knowledge:
- Practical experience at editor level
- Good knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Motivated, highly organised and able to prioritise workload in a constantly shifting environment
- The ability to both operate self-sufficiently and also work as part of a larger team
- Must be able to work to deadlines and deal with pressure in a professional manner
- Basic colour grading knowledge an advantage
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.