Full Time / Permanent
Research, Design, Document, Install, Commission and Test virtualized compressed IP-based video origination and distribution systems and related sub-systems for linear and streaming delivery via satellite and terrestrial fiber.
Key Technical Expertise:
- Demonstrates depth of knowledge in baseband HD/SD video, compressed video/audio encoding, IP transport stream distribution, in-band and out-of-band metadata payloads, OTT streaming architecture, and IP networking principles including multicaDemonstrates broad experience in the design, build, and commissioning of technical systems for broadcast playout, distribution and live streaming via IP.
- Demonstrates ability to test and qualify compressed video transport streams and compression technologies at the packet level, including MPEG-4 H.264, HEVC H.265, MPEG-2 and JPEG-2000.
- Familiar with encryption and conditional access systems for content protection, broadcast and infrastructure monitoring and control systems, and ethernet network topologies
- Familiar with industry developments in key technical areas of standardization, and can articulate benefits/risks of various technology solutions.
- Demonstrates ability to manage assigned projects to tight timelines;
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical analysis, exercise judgment, communicate with clarity and influence key technical decisions
- Familiar with Agile project management tools and techniques such as SCRUM and JIRA a plus
- Responsible for end-to-end fulfillment of assigned projects, including customer requirements discovery, conceptual and functional design, installation, configuration and commissioning.
- Coordinates in-house and third-party resources to fulfill system integration tasks for documentation, fabrication and installation.
- Collaborates with in-house technical support teams to perform system acceptance testing and training
- Aligns with Director and VP, Media Engineering on key business and technical requirements, standards, and methodologies.
- Exemplifies the key business values of Ownership, Accountability, Transparency, Communication and Customer Service
- Participates in individual and team goal-setting. Establishes the specific plans, projects and objectives needed to accomplish these goals and ensure their attainment.
- Partners with and integrates across other areas of Viacom Media Technology Services, working with other areas, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities, to provide a complete solution.
- Possesses solid understanding of the modern video technology landscape, including B2B and B2C delivery.
- Remains grounded in scientific method and objective analysis, representing a disciplined engineering approach at all times
- Maintains an awareness of best practices in the technology industry and implements forward-looking best of breed solutions.
- Research, develop and implement solutions for delivery of live video/audio/metadata streams for contribution and distribution
- Continually improve work procedures and processes, through teamwork and collaboration
- Ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements.
- Interacts with industry peers to discover best-of-breed technology solutions
- Develops strong relationships with internal business customers staff to develop solutions collaboratively.
- Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical solutions.
- Productively engages with internal and external business partners.
- Communicates clearly and precisely with all levels of the company.
- Seen by business partners and MTS colleagues as a key resource to receive guidance and complete solutions.
- Executes multiple concurrent Media Engineering projects, ensuring that projects are on time, on budget and meet the needs of the business.
- Informs the development of accurate and thorough budget forecasts at the project and departmental levels.
- Responds to evolving project prioritization requirements, based on an understanding of the needs of the business.
- Anticipates conflicting needs, including interdependencies with other initiatives, and proactively resolving them
- Integrates resources effectively, including resources under direct control, or by way of contractors and vendors.
- Works autonomously to implement and achieve objectives, seeking guidance to ensure alignment with global strateigies and organizational objectives.
- Thoughtfully resolve customer issues, including competing demands, in accordance with stated business priorities
- Escalates project blockers within Agile framework to resolve issues and move projects forward
Experience and Education:
- Typical candidate should possess robust and relevant video engineering experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when hiring for our teams, we think outside the box, we are open minded and champion difference.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.