Junior Music Video Editor – UK
22 Month Fixed Term Contract
You’ll be a key part of the MTV UK digital team, working across all things MTV Music. You’ll work closely with the Video and Creative teams to ensure all your edits are compliant and delivered to deadlines.
You are an experienced editor, can shoot and have lots of creative and fun ideas for social video. Reporting to the Head of Digital Video and working closely with the Senior Music Editor (Digital), you will be realising projects on a day to day basis, adhering to MTV’s brand guidelines, and helping strands evolve and grow in new digital landscapes.
You’re organised and can support the digital team with administration and other ad hoc requests.
The Always On digital team is at the heart of MTV’s digital studio, creating daily editorial, creative and video content published across numerous UK and International social channels and ONO platforms. From MTV Shows to Music, Movies, Lifestyle, MTV News and more, the Always On team is a creative powerhouse, responsible for producing engaging and entertaining content on the regular.
• Experience producing and editing online/social content
• Good knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects and the rest of the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
• Responsible for organising material produced by external companies into deliverable video
• Experience shooting, lighting and recording audio
• Ingest, organise and archive media
• Edit to a high standard with tight deadlines
• Work with the editorial and video teams to deliver videos for all of MTV’s digital platforms
• Attending idea sessions to discuss future projects
• Assist production team with ad hoc requests
• Work closely with International team in collating materials for distribution and localisation.
- Experience of working in a similar environment in a digital video or broadcast team
- Experience of Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft/Google Office Suites is essential
- Experience of using productivity tools such as Trello is desirable
- Knowledge of – and passion for – Music
Personality characteristics/innate qualities:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to cope calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Pro-active nature and dedication to providing a first-class support service
- Flexible and able to adapt to the changing needs of the department and MTV
- Good time management, organisational and forward planning skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with key contacts within the company
- Possess a positive attitude and energetic approach to work
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.