Senior Director - International Market Sourcing
Camden Town, London
Our Global Sourcing (GS) team is growing! We are seeking a Senior Director to lead sourcing and procurement activities in our international businesses. This role will be based in London, and will be focused on driving regional and local sourcing initiatives across Viacom’s International business in the UK, Northern, and Eastern Europe; approximately $500M of annual spend. Areas of focus include Production, Post Production, Facilities, Capital, Marketing, G&A/Professional services and IT categories. This position will lead the local and regional Sourcing agenda for their region by working closely with our Global Sourcing Towers to develop and implement global sourcing initiatives within their local markets as well owning, identifying and driving local and regional sourcing initiatives within their markets.
These roles will serve as strategic business partners to the local management team representing the Global Sourcing function. They will also act as the local point of contact for the GS team to ensure strategic alignment between the GS function and local business leaders by providing local market knowledge, business insights, and requirements to the GS teams. They will also provide input on global strategies to ensure local business needs are met, and will facilitate and gain alignment to these strategies with local leadership. They are responsible for driving Sourcing savings for their regions from both local and global initiatives and for building and managing relationships with key internal stakeholders and with local and regional suppliers. Finally, they will work with internal stakeholders to ensure resources to implement GS and local procurement initiatives in the local markets.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Deliver ongoing annual reduction and cost efficiencies on sourceable spend within the categories
- Show continuous YOY improvement on % of category sourceable spend covered under approved category strategies and with preferred vendors
- Partner with GS tower leaders and business leaders to develop and implement Category Strategies to deliver targeted savings while meeting business requirements for innovation, quality and service
- Be a credible, sought-after value-added partner to business leaders – deliver sourcing savings to help them to meet their objectives faster and at lower cost
- Proactively integrate with key business leaders / their teams – be in a position to anticipate / support / steer sourcing needs before they become “last minute requests”
- Minimize cost and maximize value in the category sourcing process by selecting / deploying optimal sourcing levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements.
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
- Provide expertise in the respective category and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers’ product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs.
- Lead cross-functional sourcing teams to rigorously pursue and capture improvements
- Gain business support to consolidate spend while satisfying variations in requirements across the businesses and functions. This includes capturing opportunities from consolidation of spend in acquisitions
- Efficiently and effectively process sourcing requests from the business – provide optimal results within timeframes needed by the business
- Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
- Partner with vendors to build/maintain constructive, long term relationships
- Develop negotiation strategies and drive aggressive negotiations with vendors to achieve strong commercial outcomes in conjunction with legal and other key internal requirements.
- Actively engage in vendor management processes ranging from vendor identification and selection to contract, compliance and performance management including scorecards and regular reviews
- Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Leverage data analytics to improve category strategy development and execution
Role Skills & Experience;
- Proven international sourcing experience (e.g., develop category strategies, execute RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, interests-based direct negotiations) of indirect materials/services
- Relevant media/entertainment industry experience working for a similar organization and/or studio
- Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; (financial modelling experience desirable)
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency, work ethic
- People Management Skills
- Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
- Ability to engage with wide array of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross-functional teams throughout a full project lifecycle
- Awareness of best practices regarding vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
- Intellectual curiosity and professional commitment to excellence
- Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly
- Interest in the media industry
Desired Skills include;
- A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
- Experience developing global and regional category strategies
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and supplier management – can lead complex negotiations to successful outcome
- Experience in contract development, administration, and/or management
- Experience in managing vendor relationships
- Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling including development of business cases
- Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
- Ability to travel internationally
- Awareness of best practices regarding sourcing levers (e.g., procurement levers e.g., rate card development, RFQ, e-sourcing, contract administration and framework agreements) and vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.