Title: Nickelodeon Multiplatform Programming Coordinator
Department: Nickelodeon UK & Ireland
Reporting To: Multi-Platform Content Manager
Contract: Thsi is a full-time 22 month fixed-term contract to start August 2019.
The Nickelodeon UK Network consists of four core channels; Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. +1 and Nick Jr. 2 targeting kids 4-15 years. Nickelodeon is everywhere kids are; retail, consumer products, theme parks, live shows and apps and websites with a broad range of bespoke digital content from games to short-form.
The Multiplatform team is responsible for the sourcing, scheduling and management of all Nickelodeon’s non-linear content across a number of platforms. It is one the teams that make up the Programming department. They include Acquisition and Development, Channel Strategy, Planning and Scheduling and Editorial Operations. In essence the Programming department sources, schedules and promotes great content to attract the maximum number of viewers to Nickelodeon’s portfolio of channels, linear and non-linear.
Purpose of the role:
- To create long-form content schedules, ensuring accurate metadata is distributed to platform partners as per their specifications
- To work alongside internal operations teams to ensure content is delivered to platforms accurately and to deadline
- To work with platform partners to ensure Nickelodeon content is as impactful as possible across platforms, and seek out merchandising opportunities for priorities
- Manage the day-to-day operations of non-linear scheduling; compiling and distributing the Metadata requirements for each platform partner, as per their specifications and to their set deadlines.
- Co-ordinate with the Nickelodeon Channel Planning team and the Editor of Viewer Access & Listings to ensure integrity of schedules and manage any amendments (as required)
- Co-ordinate the creation and distribution of art assets for each platform partner.
- Oversee accurate completion of weekly blackout reports and communication to platforms
- Track and review VOD competitive landscape to develop and improve non-linear programming strategies that drive audience growth.
- Analyze metrics and use data to strategize new non-linear programming initiatives to optimize VOD viewing.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with Nickelodeon’s operational, technical, legal and planning teams.
- Work closely with Multiplatform Content Manager to build strong working relationships with each of the platform partners’ editorial and operations teams.
- Review and revise operational workflows where necessary, driving towards greater efficiency and output.
- Alongside Multiplatform Content Manager, manage and maintain Nickelodeon’s Download-To-Own (DTO) services, ensuring revenues are maximised.
Experience and Knowledge
- Solid proven experience in content planning and programming, preferably within the UK market
- Demonstrated understanding of the Nickelodeon brands and key competitors
- Understanding of rights management, rights issues and knowledge of broadcast regulatory requirements
- Experienced at evaluating research data and an understanding of how audiences consume content
- Strategic competitor awareness, and demonstrated knowledge of trends and developments in non-linear platforms
- Excellent communication skills in all formats and experience communicating plans and priorities to internal and external stakeholders
- First rate multi-tasking ability
- Evidence of building strong, trusting relationships internally and externally
- Strategic Thinking: Takes a long term view and strives to be ahead of the curve
- Collaboration and Influencing: Facilitates collaboration and sense of shared purpose internally and externally
- Excellent Communicator: Able to win both hearts and minds with a wide range of stakeholders and deliver a sense of fun of the brand
- Innovation: Always thinking creatively about new ways of bringing amazing content to audiences and seeking out new platform opportunities
- Market Knowledge: Identifies and understands emerging developments in the market
- Proactive: The ability to get things done and respond to pressure and change
- Strong personality: Tough, adaptable and resilient and able to work with robust personalities
- Detail orientated and highly organised
This is the small print part. We write it really small in the hope that you’ll never read it so we can slip in some stuff about making you clean out the bins or come to work naked and when you get the job and we ask you to do it and you question it, we whip it out, shake it in your face and say “didn’t you read the small print?!!”. But, as you actually are reading it, can we say we are mightily impressed. That attention to detail is the first sign that this could be a match made in heaven. So, you need to know that this job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. That means we may change it from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. Obvs. APPARENTLY, IT’S IMPORTANT THAT THIS SENTENCE IS IN CAPS BUT JUST KNOW, WE ARE NOT SHOUTING – THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here!