Key Account Designer
FTC 22 months
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
The Key Account Designer position sits within the London office of Nickelodeon and Viacom Consumer Products (part of Viacom International Media Networks). NVCP are responsible for the licensing management and product development across the successful portfolio of Viacom brands across both MTV & Nickelodeon.
The team in London provide support to the International business, (Asia, EMEA, America’s) as well as regional and local support across Business and Legal, Finance, Sales, Brand Management (strategy, planning) and Creative (asset development, product development, marketing, retail and promotional materials).
Working within the DTR Design team, who develop original designs for our direct to retail business and EMEA product approvals for these retail partnerships, this role will focus on the generation of original creative designs for retailers as well as managing the product approval submissions attributed to the DTR.
As part of the International Brand Management team, the Key Account Designer sits within the EMEA DTR Design team and reports to the DTR Design Manager, EMEA.
- Researching, identifying and informing of fashion trends, across all consumer demographics, for the purpose of crafting original design and assets for use on consumer products.
- Work with the DTR Design Manager and senior key account designer, EMEA to share consumer and trend insight for the purpose of informing creative development across all NCP and MTV brands.
- Working with the DTR Design Manager & Senior Designer to set the creative direction for DTR partners aligning creative ideas with local business and retail strategies. Work with the design manager to identify the creative needs and provide solutions to meet these needs. Ensure brand values and product quality are maintained through all projects.
- Responsible for the development of original artwork: seasonal, limited collections and fast fashion, to support Key Account and Fashion Account needs, including the production of design and exclusive artwork assets for retailers.
- Work with other brands, (as identified by Nickelodeon and MTV brand teams), for the purpose of producing design assets if needed.
- Attend creative development meetings with Key Account and Fashion partners, as identified by the retail and sales team, to discuss the properties, including asset availability, submissions process, creative and innovative branding ideas.
- Assist the Retail and Sales team in presenting to new partners.
- Build relationships with the key retail account by visiting and working with the designers and buying contacts to scope out new briefs and design collections.
- Support the smooth running of projects and briefs as supplied by the creative managers and business teams plus external partners.
- Review and manage the product approval submissions directly from external partners. Providing written feedback and supporting this with appropriate visuals or amended designs where appropriate. Directly returning all completed comments to all external partners within a specified time frame on Nick Central.
- Reviewing all pre-production submissions, referring to original comments made, ensuring all requested changes have been implemented and the finished quality of the product is of a high standard.
- Manage production samples, and providing feedback on these, archiving and managing sample distribution.
- Assist in the organisation of Key Account and Fashion Account road shows. Developing creative presentations, product set ups and presenting at these summits when required.
- Ensure the smooth running of the approval process, and continually identifying where improvements in process and communication can be made.
- Providing regular updates to the Creative and Retail teams to ensure fluency and understanding of product development including licensee /partner feedback.
- Essential – excellent knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially Adobe Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator and have strong creative and design skills
- Currently working within a designer role, ideally within a licensing environment.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and limitations
- Competent understanding of the licensing industry, including licensing contracts and agreements.
- Intermediate experience within the Microsoft Office programs – Excel, Word PPT.
- Design experience within kid’s product development is preferable.
- Experience working within Retail design is preferable.
- A second language is preferable.
- Possesses a positive attitude, is solutions focused and has an energetic approach to work.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects in various stages simultaneously, with excellent time management skills.
- Can prioritise well, manage a high-pressure environment and work to tight deadlines.
- Flexibility, self motivated and an ability to work independently
- Pro-active team player and highly responsive to requests
- Creative flair – natural ability to work with trends and product development concepts
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.