WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Viacom International Studios UK are looking for a sound editor / junior dubbing mixer to join their in-house post production team ensuring that the production teams and editors are supported creatively, technically and operationally with any audio work while in Post . We have 17 offline suites, 3 online / grade suites (Symphony / Baselight) and 3 audio suites (ProTools). We work on a wide variety of programmes and genres for Channel 5, other Viacom brands and broadcasters. This is a great opportunity to develop and refine core broadcast skills whilst working for a global brand. This is an entry-level position and would be ideal for recent graduates who have some experience in the industry and are looking to take a step up.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
As sound editor you will be responsible for meeting the demands of working in a busy post production facility with a focus on Factual/ Entertainment long form programming. You will be working directly with the Dubbing Mixer.
• Completing track-lays, sound preps and creating final deliverables.
• Recording and editing voiceovers; building and maintaining friendly working relationships with voiceover artists.
• Ensuring high quality output at all times to different tech specs.
• Responsibility for backup and archiving of audio work.
• Sound Suite maintenance
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
• Pro Tools knowledge and experience
• Thorough understanding of Mac OS
• An excellent working knowledge of post-production processes and services
• Knowledge of working with Sound turnover media – EDL’s, AAFs
• Awareness of current broadcast specs including EBU R128
• Experience in editing SFX, music and dialogue to picture.
• Voice over recording and editing
• Familiar with shared storage systems including Nexis
• Ability to supply audio deliverables to domestic and international delivery specifications
• Familiarity with Avid Eucon devices including the S3 controller.
• Experience with iZotope RX audio restoration software.
• Comfortable with mixing sound to picture.
COMPETENCE & REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
• Positive attitude towards problem solving and tight deadlines.
• Flexible and can adapt quickly to demands of challenging projects
• General "can-do" service attitude.
• Excellent time management skills & multi-tasking abilities whilst maintaining attention to detail.
• Desire & enthusiasm to progress in the audio post production industry
• Passionate about audio and audio post production
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here