22 month FTC
London, Camden Town
Viacom International Media Networks are looking for an enthusiastic and adaptable Junior Designer to work cross brand on MTV & Comedy Central’s multiple platforms.
The Junior Designer role is a key to bringing editorial to life through the creation and implementation of engaging graphics on social, web, on air and other digital platforms.
You would work closely with the editorial, social media, video and tech teams to develop first class visual content and UX design on the MTV Networks and Comedy Central websites and mobile platforms.
If you live and breathe design, know everything about pop culture, are a do-er and have a great sense of humor– we’d love to hear from you!
- Create daily visual content for site and social platforms such as Instagram, Instagram Stories, Snapchat Discover, Facebook and YouTube.
- Support the rest of the Creative team with any larger digital, editorial, social, motion, branded or commercial design briefs.
- Ensure work consistently answers the brief in terms of look and feel, accuracy, functionality and brand identity.
- Contribute to weekly brainstorm meetings. We are really looking for somebody who is bursting with innovative ideas.
MUST HAVE SKILLS
- An outstanding portfolio either online or PDF. We cannot consider applicants without this
- Passion for all forms of visual communication
- Proven experience working in a digital design environment as an intern or junior designer. Editorial, lifestyle or media background preferred but not essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Suite
- Thorough understanding of social / digital landscapes and attuned to trends and youth culture.
- Ability to receive creative direction but also think outside the box when approaching briefs from concept to completion.
- Strong communication skills are essential, as this position requires working closely with writers, producers, editors and rest of the creative team.
- An affinity and familiarity with MTV & CC, their brand values and aesthetics
- Motion or UX design experience beneficial
- Knowledge or willingness to learn or improve on both HTML & CSS and motion (After Effects & Cinema 4D. We provide training!)
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household supplier
• Happy to talk flexible working!
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.