A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work for Channel 5 working within Viacom, a global organisation. Focusing on securing rights for this exciting new VOD streaming service you will be working in a fast past media environment with opportunity for exposure to an array of TV production and distribution matters.
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
• Manage rights clearances to enable Channel 5 and third party owned content to appear on the Viacom-owned AVOD platform.
• Review and interpret production agreements to assess current and required rights.
• Confidently liaise with third party rights holders to obtain consent and respond to any queries or objections raised.
• Have an excellent understanding of the operation of the Channel 5 production agreement including the VOD terms agreed under the old and new terms of trade, as agreed with Pact, to facilitate informed negotiations with production companies.
• To draft (based on agreed templates) and negotiate rights amendments with rights holders permitting exploitation as agreed.
• Management of the slate which tracks the rights for the project, including managing the post completion process.
• To ‘own’ the document and the BA element of the process.
• Liaison with key stakeholders internally including Digital, Broadcast Ops, Production, Music, Compliance and Content Legal.
• Ensuring the proper documentation of rights obtained including licence terms and effectively communicating the same to the business.
• Monitor and improve the template agreements and Slates and processes, as necessary in liaison with the Director of Business Affairs, Commissions or their direct report.
• Regularly report back to the business on status, flagging any issues, as appropriate.
• Assisting on other project related Business Affairs tasks and matters that may arise.
• You will sit with the Business Affairs, Commissions team and be available, as capacity permits, to assist in the drafting and negotiating of production related agreements including production agreements, key contracts (e.g. access and presenter agreements, releases and finance agreements) and assisting with the more junior team members.
• Regularly update your line manager and refer up accordingly.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
• Ideally English qualified lawyer; newly qualified to 2 years post qualification experience.
• Would consider experienced Business Affairs personnel with relevant experience.
• Some experience of rights management projects or other projects involving multiple agreements and efficiently tracking the same.
• Experience in drafting and negotiating rights agreements within the television/media industry gained from working for a broadcaster or independent production company, or through private practice.
• Experience of managing third party relationships.
• Understanding of the range of rights involved in a programme deal and deal structures.
• Experience of contract law essential. Excellent negotiating and drafting skills and attention to detail.
• An enthusiastic, hard-working and flexible ‘can do’ approach is essential.
• Ability to work in a fast, efficient manner and to manage a high volume of workload.
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and written.
• Ability to manage a number of relationships internally/ externally in a regulated environment.
• Ability to work to deadlines and deliver an effective service to the business.
• The ability to quickly identify areas of risk and flag up as required.
• The ability to work quite autonomously, but also working with your line manager or other colleagues as required.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.