WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT?
Viacom International Studios UK (VIS-UK) is the television production arm of VIMN, currently producing over 125 hours of television each year for Channel 5, MTV, Paramount, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon. We now also pitch to the wider UK market, building relationships with and creating ideas for all major broadcasters. We’ve got our eye on the international market too, and we’re looking to work with the FAANGs etc in the future.
VIS-UK have won a BAFTA and a Venice TV Festival Award for its output, and recently retained the title of the UK’s Best Production Company Award at the NRTAs. We work in a range of genres including all types of Factual and Features, Children’s, Drama, Comedy, Light Entertainment and Reality, across two bases in London and MediaCity.
With over 125 people regular working in our buildings, and with upwards of 25 different commissions in production year-round, we’re a busy yet friendly production company.
Likely to grow further and fast over the coming years, we’re looking for people to join the team who enjoy a challenge, are willing to work hard to achieve goals, yet are fun to be around.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
This person will work closely with the Head of Production and the Production Managers to ensure that the fast-growing production department is effectively managed, and to protect the business by deploying and managing effective cost management, and owning documents that are required by Viacom. This role works across all aspects of departmental administration, supporting the productions by acting as a key liaison for the Finance, HR and Payroll departments. Key aspects of the role include:
• Leading a fortnightly Operations Meeting, updating and issuing minutes and action points thereafter
• Point of contact for Facilities department (Security, Reception, IT, Office Services) regarding new starters
• Point of contact for all operational office issues via VIMN’s resource teams
• First point of contact for all our hires regarding any operational issues, including affiliate indie Uplands TV
• Updating the VIS-UK website to ensure all content is relevant and accurate.
• Appoint and manage our Office Runners, giving people from all backgrounds a chance to work here
• Liaising with the Press departments to ensure information about our slate is accurate and up to date
• Management of the in-building meeting room calendars.
• Manage the usage of desks, seeing pinch points before they occur and allocating space as required
• Organisation of in-house events and Christmas parties, and help with special events such as awards.
• Run our weekly drinks, promoting camaraderie between floors and productions
• Oversee our Green Policy, including using Albert and ensuring we’re as energy efficient as can be
• Help draw up and maintain a list of key and approved suppliers
• Issuing freelance engagement forms, relevant tax/payroll forms and new starter packs.
• Work with the Talent Manager, and with HR, to ensure everyone is properly contracted
• Raising passes for all new starters, meeting them on their first day.
• Holding inductions each Monday morning, and train hires on our systems and processes as required
• Communication of all visitors and new starters to Security and Reception teams.
• Completing IT new starter forms and checking log in works at designated computer
• Liaising with Head of Production to organise suitable desk arrangements.
• Update new starter pack & production management bible.
• Help our Talent Manager update and manage a centralised staff chart.
• Update and manage contract database, chasing unsigned contracts and missing RTW checks.
Finance (with the departmental finance team)-
• Point of contact for any Shopping (raising POs) or Travel & Expense queries in the department.
• Liaising with the Production Accountant and Finance Administrator to ensure all open PO queries are resolved on a monthly basis, reporting to Finance head office in Budapest.
• Point of contact for queries from Channel Five Finance and Global Business Services teams (Budapest and Tennessee).
• Point of contact for all invoice queries for external suppliers.
• To assist with reconciliation of company credit cards.
• Third party contact for all corporate cards - Calling CitiBank to authorise fraudulent transactions.
• Helping with the management of the monthly freelancer payroll process (run by our finance team)
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
Experience & Knowledge:
• Practical experience in a TV Production environment, preferably with prior experience in a similar role
• Ability to implement and enforce the administration for the department
• People skills to help you work with a range of people and personalities, at all levels of experience.
• Experience in a client facing, front of house role, able to foresee and deliver the needs of a range of people at different levels of experience on a daily basis
• Knowledge of both scripted and non-scripted production would be an advantage
• Some knowledge of Manchester / Salford and regional production would be an advantage
• Excellent communication skills with demonstrable experience of effective working within teams.
• High standard of computer literacy.
• Self-motivating enthusiastic individual, good at problem solving and multi-tasking.
• Highly numerate with ability to monitor financial records closely with a keen eye for detail.
• Positive attitude.
• Ability to apply structure and logic within a fast-moving production environment.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
• Happy to talk flexible working!