WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT IS THE ROLE
We are currently seeking a highly organised Assistant to support three Programme Commissioners and the VP of Viewer Insight. Working as part of a tight knit team, the role requires a high degree of professionalism, adaptability and team work.
Diary management – coordinating meetings with internal people and external companies e.g. productions companies and distributors
Manage all viewing schedules and brainstorms
Arrange research debriefs across a wide range of departments in Viacom
Manage the teams calls and emails when not available, dealing with queries in a timely and professional manner
Coordinate start up meetings for new programme commissions with a number of departments
Arrange travel, accommodation and meetings for external events such as Edinburgh TV Festival
Ad hoc support to the PA for the Director of Programmes where required
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
Excellent IT skills and competent using MS office including PowerPoint.
Experience of complex diary management.
Experience of arranging international travel.
Evidence of providing PA support at senior management level.
Excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure.
Highly pro-active and self-motivated and be able to take initiative for day to day problem solving.
Able to work to tight deadlines and manage time effectively.
Must be highly adaptable.
Experience of working within TV industry is desirable.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
• Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
• Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
• TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
• Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
• Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
• Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
• Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.