Senior Engineer Cloud/Storage
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The role is to be part of a small dynamic team that pride themselves on being proactive and efficient in delivering core server infrastructure globally to help Viacom maintain their Media Networks. The team is made up of energetic ambitious people who bring flexibility and reliability in the way they work with colleagues and pride themselves as a team to be a key member of the larger Media and Technology Services globally.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
The Server Engineer will provide expertise for the overall systems infrastructure and its support as it relates to all IT technologies. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that all areas are supported and architected in line with current and future business requirements as well as becoming a resource to a ‘virtual team’ for the Technology projects during both project planning and execution phases.
The role will involve:
- Maintaining a very strong knowledge of Microsoft Server based operating systems with understanding of the latest versions and components to preserve a stable and controlled environment resolving issues using core-troubleshooting skills
- Implementing and Managing virtualisation technologies including VMWare, HyperV and Citrix with practical knowledge of installing, configuring and troubleshooting common issues across all three platforms
- Exchange and O365 familiarity to assist in maintaining and troubleshooting common user issues and queries
- Monitoring and proactively troubleshooting server hardware and software across mainstream vendors including Dell and Cisco, rack and chassis
- Performing key tasks related to BRS operations within an enterprise server environment with a good knowledge of the key ideas and concepts
- Writing and maintaining technical documentation covering standards, procedures and infrastructure design in a clear and concise format for personal and larger publication
- Maintaining a technical understanding of the security layers and standards that are appropriate for the risks faced by the business
- Regular liaison with other functions within MTS and the wider VIMN business community on all matters of common interest including overseeing training
- Adhering to and maintaining compliant standards both within the VIMN environment and on a broader basis with Viacom
- Providing input and maintaining local Technology strategy which will form part of the overall Technology strategy
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
You’ll have a real passion for technology and all things broadcasting, constantly looking for ways to improve and add value to VIMN’s system infrastructure and support.
MSTS / MCSA /MCITP qualified, you will also have formal training in analysis tools and techniques as well as the following:
- Knowledge of Citrix / VMware/ NetBackup/ Messaging/ Cloud Infrastructure
- The ability to generate and implement procedures
- Fantastic communication skills and the ability to communicate with not only the IS team but staff at all levels across the business
- Good time management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently, setting your own agenda and effectively prioritising work
- Thoroughness and a real eye for detail
- The ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and work under pressure
- A creative streak
In turn, we’ll offer you the opportunity to experience life as part of the world’s leading entertainment broadcast company and become involved with innovative technologies and working practices whilst building your career.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.