Channel Planner - Nickelodeon UK
This is a 6 month fixed-term contract role to start ASAP.
The Nickelodeon UK Network consists of four core channels; Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. +1 and Nick Jr. Too targeting kids 4-15 years. Nickelodeon is everywhere kids are; retail, consumer products, theme parks, live shows, apps, and websites with a broad range of bespoke digital content from games to short-form.
The role sits within the Programming team, reporting to the Director of Programming, with the core responsibility of planning, managing and communicating the programme schedules of two channels within the Network to drive channel ratings to meet the agreed monthly and yearly targets.
The job requires great attention to detail, knowledge of television ratings and the television market, Ofcom regulations and an approach to scheduling that is both strategic and creative. Experience in children’s TV is preferential, however not a necessity. The ideal candidate will like working collaboratively in a team, be a self-starter that is proactive to push forward their ideas and enjoy communicating plans to a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Management of the schedules from sign off to release ensuring all schedule grids, premiere lists and necessary documentation is up to date and accurate liaising with the following departments - Editorial Operations, Channel Operations and Media Planning
- To be responsible for entering and maintaining accurate programme schedules in Broadcast Management system What’s On (WON) to meet our deadlines with SKY and Channel Operations, and meet the necessary Ofcom/COSTA regulations and legal requirements.
- With the Programme Director, proactively develop, evolve and deliver competitive channel schedules to retain our Share (SOV) and deliver on agreed rating targets, suggesting tactics and stunts to boost key dayparts, leverage our content library and deliver performance growth.
- Be the point of contact for day-to-day questions regarding the channels managed, representing the channels internally at taskforces, creative brief/immersion sessions, the ratings meeting and with Channel Operations.
- Development of stunt plans and quarterly grids for the channels ensuring plans are competitive, working alongside research, and ensuring they are clearly communicated to all necessary stakeholders.
- Remain competitive through effective monitoring of the kids’ TV landscape and keeping abreast of upcoming releases, competitor scheduling tactics and the TV landscape to provide context on performance.
- Ensure the integration of non-linear scheduling plans working closely with the multiplatform team to align VOD plans.
- Conduct brainstorms and generate ideas to drive forward the growth of the channels for the agreed demographic.
- Editorially review programme content and provide feedback notes on suitability for the channels and target audience.
- Excellent admin skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Programme Planning Experience
- An analytical mind with creative flair to identify key facts, trends and issues
- Resilience to cope with the pressure of tight deadlines and a demanding workload with changing priorities
- Experience working with audience research analysis
- Clear understanding of the Nickelodeon brands
- A passion for children’s television and programmes
IT Skills required:
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Experience working in Broadcast Management systems e.g. What’s On (WON) and research systems such as Techedge
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll give you £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate.
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VIACOM VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.