Finance Manager, UKNEE Cluster
International Consumer Producer
London, Camden Town
This position is responsible for the overall financial management of the UK cluster Consumer Products business (across all brands and all markets in the Cluster). This will include the development and ongoing enhancement of financial forecasting, planning, budgeting and long range planning processes. It will also include responsibility for month end consolidated P&L reporting and variance analysis for CP, country and Cluster management. This role will represent the central reporting & analysis function for the UK Consumer Products team and manage the flow of financial information to and from the regional office locations and International headquarters in New York. The function will also support multi-cluster sales roles that sit in the London office during forecasting and other ad-hocs requests.
The above will be supported by internal reporting of financial results to ensure that the division’s financial objectives and requirements are met, including but not limited to day-to-day sales revenue reporting to support optimal deal making and strategic licensing.
The UK Finance Manager will work closely with the wider CP Finance Team across remote locations. They will be responsible for enhancing the contribution of the finance function to the CP division.
This role will manage a large and disparate stakeholder group and work closely with the Global Finance Director to improve analytical tools and enhance operational visibility of risks and opportunities and awareness of strengths and weaknesses in the business to support overall business performance.
This role requires a strategic-minded financial leader;
• Bringing a collaborative and entrepreneurial hands-on approach to the development of CP FP&A
• Designing, communicating and enforcing policies & procedures for UK CP team
• Promoting a strong sense of urgency and appropriate level of support for deliverables
• Developing open communication and productive relationships with leadership, sales and finance
• Foster and build local FP&A links to establish connectivity relationships
• Working in collaboration with the systems teams and management to develop and enhance VIMN’s
analytical tools and processes
• Support in establishing and implementing FP&A best practices and developing a world class
Financial Management & Oversight:
• Ensure licensing projections are complete and accurate
• Liaise with Sales, Legal and central Finance Ops teams to ensure maximum revenue is recognized
• Evaluate financial performance against desired outcomes
• Track risks and opportunities
• Inform, review and communicate allocations
• Liaise with cluster VIMN FP&A teams managing all UK markets
• Perform and prepare annual budgeting and quarterly estimates in conjunction with Sales and external partners
• Present consolidated budget and long range plans
• Create monthly outlooks, quarterly estimates, and "real time" financial forecasts
• Create monthly calculations for the JV UK schedule and communicate variances accordingly.
• Produce detailed revenue and deal reporting and analysis to support sales team in decision making on all aspects of licensing
• Perform/present variance analysis and budget resolution (ad hoc, marketing, ROI)
• Creation, and on-going enhancement, of all planning and analytical presentation decks for management purposes
• Educational background focused on either Finance, Economics or Engineering
• Proven experience within Finance (6-9+ years)
• Fluent in English
• Multinational company experience (non essential)
• Demonstrates Leadership Presence
• Delivers Business Results
• Mobilizes the Organization
• Builds relationships with internal stakeholders
• Influences the business
• Able to work in a fast paced environment and quick turnarounds
• Explains both the “big picture” and detailed views of financial management
• Coaches/teaches others on key financial and/or accounting concepts
• Sought out by others to answer questions and solve transaction problems
• Reviews and analyses financial indicators and reports areas of concern
• Performs operational, and/or financial statement analyses
• Strong forecasting skills and trend analysis experience
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.