Desired Start: January 2020
Department: BALA Legal
Job Title: VP, Int’l Content Protection & IP
Perm/FTC : Perm
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Salary: Competitive Compensation Package Offered
Closing Date: 20th November 2019
WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
To oversee and manage Viacom content protection activities in Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region across all Viacom businesses and divisions, including linear, digital, broadcast, feature film content, live events and location-based experiences, and consumer products.
Responsibilities include formulating and executing content protection strategy, enforcement and litigation oversight, vendor integration, and coordinating intellectual property (IP) policy, working in close coordination and collaboration with other members of Viacom’s worldwide content protection and IP teams.
To represent Viacom on EMEA industry bodies, including the Motion Picture Association (MPA), the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), the IPTV Taskforce, and other regional and national content protection organisations. Participate in International Anti-Counterfeiting Association (IACC) and Trustworthy Accountability Group (TAG) international initiatives.
To collaborate and coordinate with Viacom’s Government Affairs team in Brussels and London on EMEA legislative, regulatory, and market access issues relevant to content protection, production/distribution, and intellectual property assets
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
- B. or Degree + GDL & qualified as solicitor or barrister (minimum five years PQE)
- Direct content protection and/or IP litigation required (entertainment legal experience preferred).
- Expertise and in-depth experience in copyright law, and a familiarity with other areas of IP and media law, including trademark, right of publicity, and defamation.
- Familiar with content protection issues and online platforms and technology, including but not limited to social media sites, user-generated content platforms, and various types of intermediaries.
- Strong Internet acumen and ability to understand Internet terms, web functions, and technology.
- Ability to translate a legal position into an appropriate course of action.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively with multiple stakeholders) in a dynamic environment.
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.