WHO ARE WE
We’re Viacom International Media Networks UK & Ireland, home to 20 TV channels that offer the very best in music, entertainment, comedy and kids programming through our MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5 and BET brands. Together these brands reach nearly 30 million homes in the UK and Ireland. Viacom brands are seen globally in more than 705 million households in 169 territories and 37 languages via more than 184 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties.
WHO ARE YOU
There are lots of people here doing all sorts of jobs and we believe that having all kinds of people from all kinds of backgrounds makes this a great place to work. We have a number of Employee Resource Groups that look to support our employees from all walks of life and who face common challenges in the workplace and we hold tons of events all your round to nurture the best possible, inclusive environment
WHAT ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Commercial Finance team looks after the forecasting and actualising of the UK Cluster’s Ad Sales revenues. Generating in excess of $600m per year, this is VIMN’s biggest revenue stream, and therefore the team plays a pivotal role in allowing the business to plan for the short and long-term. The team is expected to build and maintain rigorous forecasting models, driven by a range of inputs from across the business as well as the wider industry. Strong commercial acumen, business partnering skills and modelling abilities are therefore necessary.
WHAT IS THE ROLE
Reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance the role is responsible for the management of our UK advertising sales, in excess of £400m. This includes MTV, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Channel 5, Spike and Paramount UK.
The Senior Finance Manager will oversee two direct reports who will run the day-to-day forecasting, accounting and reporting of the advertising revenues.
A key responsibility will include continuing development a new ad sales model for emerging revenue streams, and setting up the processes to ensure continued forecasting accuracy of these lines.
This is a high profile role and requires high levels of commercial acumen – you will deal with SVP Ad sales in the UK as well as other senior members of management.
Within the confinements of Finance, you will deal with Brand FDs, frequently providing performance updates. Externally, you will also forge relationships with Sky Media finance.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Oversee the maintenance and accuracy of the UK Ad Sales models.
- Own the build out of a robust emerging revenue stream forecasting model and set up new processes to support this.
- Responsible for supporting the build of long range plans, budgets, estimates and all other deliverables in line with the central FP&A calendar. This should include a view on long-term assumptions around key TV KPIs.
- Support the Head of Commercial Finance in preparation of weekly financial updates to senior management.
- Assist the relevant Business/Commercial teams for any ad hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities/risks.
- Ensure revenues are booked correctly and responsible for reviewing month end close and all aspects of accounting and internal control processes.
- Support the business on accurately forecasting cash and track variances.
- Providing necessary training and coaching new members of staff and all other management duties.
- Assist with annual audit requirements and SOX processes.
- Work with GBS (Global Business Services) to ensure revenue accruals are reasonable and accurate on a monthly basis
- Provide a month-end pack including revenue booked, variance analysis to prior year and budget/ forecast, back-up to the accrued revenue
- Maintain a Risks & Opps tracker for UK Ad Sales.
WHAT SKILLS DO YOU NEED
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working in a fast paced finance department preferably with in revenue based role
- Experience of working in a media environment but not essential.
- Advanced excel skills with experience of dealing with complex models
- High levels of commercial acumen
- Project management
- Ability to analyse problems from many different angles and provide a range of outcomes
- Ability to analyse high volumes of data and draw conclusions as to the key drivers
- High level of attention to detail a must whilst able to maintain focus on the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to deal with all levels of seniority within the organisation and externally
- Must be able to work without direct supervision
- Working to tight deadlines
WHAT ARE OUR BENEFITS
- Private Medical Insurance: You will be eligible for our full Private Medial Cover (From 3 months)
- Season Ticket Loan: We’ll pay for your season travel card up front and you can pay us back across the year
- TV Package Discount: If you subscribe for the likes of Sky and Virgin Media, we’ll get £20 off your bill
- Pension Scheme: You will be eligible for our Pension Scheme from day one, as long as you are contributing to this, we’ll top this up with a voluntary contribution from us
- Discounted Gym Membership: We offer discounts to a number of Gyms
- Discounts at Local Shops and Restaurants: Whether you need a new pair of shoes or just want something tasty for lunch, we partner with a number of local businesses to offer us a discounted rate
- Access to Reward Gateway: With heaps of discounts on everyday shops, restaurants and household suppliers
- Happy to talk flexible working!
WHAT ARE OUR VALUES
Our values, and their related behaviours, guide how we show up to work each day and help ensure that we all treat each other with respect. We want these to feel relevant to all of our employees and all parts of the business, as we believe that when these behaviours are achieved, we are the best we can be. The three values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
- Creativity: Push beyond the expected
- Passion: Stand up for what you believe in
- Risk-Taking: Take smart choices
- Inclusion: Embrace diverse perspectives
- Collaboration: Work together as one team
- Innovation: Use insights to drive the business
- Trust: Assume best intentions
- Transparency: Communicate clearly and openly
- Accountability: Deliver, and own the outcome
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.