Job Title: Senior Director, Brand PR, VIMN UK
Date: November 2019
The Senior Director will be directly responsible for Brand PR for VIMN UK, covering Channel 5 and Viacom’s flagship pay brands in the UK, including Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.
The Senior Director will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the development and execution of Brand PR strategies for each of Viacom’s flagship brands in the UK in line with their wider creative and commercial objectives
- Providing strategic counsel to the Director of Programmes, advising how Brand PR can contribute to maximizing audiences, commercial returns and positive critical response.
- Acting as part of the management group for VIMN UK’s Marketing and Communications Hub
o Meeting regularly to agree priority programmes for promotional support in line with brand strategies
o Ensuring a joined up approach to integrated marketing and communications campaigns
o Developing strategies for the launch of new branded products and services
- Providing management oversight of the combined VIMN UK PR team and optimizing the performance of individual brand teams and employees, including:
o Delivering attention-grabbing creative PR executions that build brand fame for Channel 5 and for each of Viacom’s flagship brands in the UK
o Ensuring delivery of effective Brand PR campaigns for all priority programmes involving: effective liaison with and support for all external and internal stakeholders involved in priority programmes; creative and executional alignment with other marketing disciplines including creative, digital/social; delivery of high-quality promotional materials including PI, images, clips, social assets; organisation of events, as needed; monitoring, evaluation and reporting of coverage.
o Managing allocated PR budgets.
o Providing annual performance reviews of PR leads for each brand and associated L&D requirements.
o Encouraging best practice and effective resource deployment across Viacom’s UK brand PR teams as appropriate, including social PR tools and strategies.
o Leading on recruitment and resourcing issues, including procurement and agency support.
- Working closely with VIMN UK’s Corporate Communications, Business and Legal Affairs and Government Relations teams to:
o Identifying reputational risk arising from content produced for any of Viacom’s branded networks or services in the UK and developing communications strategies to eliminate or mitigate it.
o Helping to identify opportunities to build brand equity through corporate storytelling about creative activities, strategies and initiatives.
- Leading UK liaison with VIMN’s centralised Brand PR teams in New York, including:
o Co-ordinating priority campaigns and key Brand PR activity
o Delivery to VIMN PR teams in other territories of shareable campaign strategies plus PR materials and talent access for any international commissions produced out of the UK.
o Co-ordinating representation of UK Brand PR teams on international PR and communications calls, including planning updates, presentation of key campaigns and sharing of best practice.
- Proven experience managing consumer PR for a UK broadcaster or for a high-profile consumer facing brand in a relevant related sector within the UK, including proven experience/ understanding of integrating social media into consumer publicity campaigns.
- Extensive contacts with specialist TV and entertainment writers and also B2B media editors and correspondents based in the UK.
- Proven experience of high-profile issues management.
- Proven delivery of creative PR campaigns in support of high-profile projects or launches.
- Affinity with Channel 5 and Viacom’s flagship brands.
- Extremely strong written and analytical skills.
- Proactive, entrepreneurial approach.
Preferred skills and qualities
- Knowledge of media/entertainment and UK broadcast industry issues
- Experience of event management.
- Can-do attitude and enthusiasm
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available:
PLEASE NOTE: INTERVIEWS FOR THIS ROLE WILL COMMENCE IN EARLY DECEMBER