Software Developer – Insight & Business Intelligence
The goals of the International Business Intelligence team are primarily;
· Improved platform stability – system reliability is critical for user acceptance and our success.
· Import more granular data from more data sources to improve the quality of reporting within four primary business areas of revenue, ratings, content and market intelligence.
· Increased data load performance.
· Improve reporting performance.
· Improve accessibility of reporting, such as scheduled reports, dashboards and mobile offerings.
· Expand usage across VIMN to improve decision making within the organisation.
This role would suit someone who is keen to further a career in IT and Data Warehousing, specifically the area of Business Intelligence development and analysis using SQL Server 2016 Enterprise edition. This position would suit someone who is keen to learn from a major international company and be part of a growing and dynamic team.
The International Business Intelligence team provide a SQL Server 2016 platform that is a data management solution for importing and managing data from over 20 international operational systems as well as over fifty other data sources. We provide the tools for cleaning and standardising data prior to storage in an enterprise data warehouse that has over 200 users internationally.
The Master Data System (MDS) is used to manage the data by data cleaning, grouping, data quality, hierarchy management and making manual data alterations. The SAP Business Objects 4.2 application suite provides business users with an easy-access web interface to the data, as well as providing data analytics tools for advanced business users.
· Develops detailed flowcharts to show processing logic for simple programs.
· Develops, codes and tests SQL programs from clear specifications to resolve reasonably small problems.
· Contributes to the development of test plans.
· Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
· Provides operational support for applications under guidance.
· Provides first level troubleshooting and technical support for the group's business users including
· Data Warehouse ETL and management processes
· Microsoft SQL Server 2016 issues
· SSIS and T-SQL ETL issues
· Business Objects 4.2
· Has working knowledge of data warehouse solutions end to end (Requirements Analysis, Data Architecture, Data Modelling, ETL development and Report generation)
· Has a strong understanding of application development methods, including agile and waterfall, as well as the fundamentals of requirement specification, design, coding, and testing of business applications systems.
· Has a good understanding of the technical architecture of an SQL Server based Data warehouse.
· You are able to demonstrate great communication skills, working with all levels across the business and have the ability to communicate with technical and operational staff.
· Has the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally.
· Has the ability to work under pressure
· Is able to work using their own initiatives
Viacom Core Competencies:
· Communicates and Listens
· Builds Relationships
· Influences and Negotiates
· Takes Initiative
· Manages the Work
· Composure and Flexibility
· Acts with Integrity
Thinking and Problem Solving
· Develops creative products and solutions
· Judgment and analysis
· Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
· Communicates effectively with employees
· Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
· Defines, directs and delegates work
· Develops people through feedback and coaching
· Creative Excellence
· Passion & Optimism
· Teamwork & Transparency
· Flawless Executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.