Multiplatform Programming Coordinator
Fixed Term Contract (22 months)
Nickelodeon is a top performing commercial kids TV network in the UK. Launched in 1993, it comprises seven dedicated award-winning entertainment channels for kids aged 2-12: Nickelodeon, NickToons Nick Jr, Nick Jr 2 and Nickelodeon HD, the first HD kids channel in the Sky Kids Pack.
The Nickelodeon network now reaches more than 10 million viewers a month and is available in 12.7 million cable and satellite homes.
The company has built a diverse multi-platform business by putting kids first in everything it does and includes critically acclaimed and hugely popular television programming and production in the United Kingdom and around the world, plus consumer products, online, events, recreation and feature films. Nickelodeon UK is a joint venture between MTV Networks and BSkyB.
Nickelodeon network shows include: SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer, Penguins of Madagascar, live action hits iCarly and Victorious as well as UK produced Summer in Transylvania and Humf.
The Multi-Platform department is responsible for the sourcing, scheduling and management of all Nickelodeon’s non-linear content across a number of platforms. It is one of four departments that make up the Programming department. They include, Programme Acquisition and Development, Channel Strategy, Planning and Scheduling, Compliance and Access services and Media Planning. In essence the Programming department sources, schedules and promotes great content to attract the maximum number of viewers to Nickelodeon’s portfolio of channels, linear and non-linear.
- Compile and distribute the Metadata requirements including imagery for each Platform as per their specifications and to their set deadlines
- Alongside Multiplatform Content Manager, manage and maintain Nickelodeon’s Download To Own (DTO) services, ensuring revenues are maximised
- Work closely with Multiplatform Content Manager to build relationships with Nickelodeon’s operational, technical and legal teams
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with each of the Platforms editorial and operations teams
- Review and revise where necessary operational workflow, driving towards greater efficiency and output
- Help drive new VOD initiatives – operational and editorial
The Ideal Candidate
- Passionate about TV and creating its future
- Great communication skills
- Extensive knowledge of the VOD environment and an informed view on its direction and future
- Strong IT skills [Word, Excel, PowerPoint]
- Knowledge of Final Cut Server, Final Cut Pro and Photoshop desirable
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- An aptitude for systems and workflow process
- Works well under pressure