Franchise and Creative Co-ordinator
International Consumer Products
(12 month Fixed-Term Contract)
This fixed term co-ordinator position sits within the London division of Viacom Nickelodeon Consumer Products (part of Viacom International Media networks). VNCP are responsible for the management and development of brands and franchises through the creation of consumer products for a variety of kids and adult brands including: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob Square Pants, PAW Patrol, Shimmer & Shine, Top Wing, Nella the Princess Knight, Rusty Rivets, The Loud House, Sunny Day and MTV...
The team in London provide support internationally, (Asia, EMEA, America’s) as well as regionally and locally across Business and Legal, Finance, Sales, Brand Management (strategy, planning) including Creative (product development, marketing, retail and promotional materials).
As the Franchise and Creative Co-ordinator you will be required to assist both the International Creative and the newly established EMEA Brand/Franchise team to maintain the level of support and guidance that is given to the international teams. This support will include: the creation of brand presentations, assisting in campaign development, creative asset distribution, design briefs/tasks, marketing research and other support tasks which will require you to have a good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel, Word and strong skills in the Adobe creative suite. This is a dual role, reporting into 2 line managers across both Brand/Franchise and Creative departments. The successful candidate will need good business understanding coupled with strong design skills and a meticulous attention to detail in order to support both teams and particularly on creative-led projects
Franchise Team Support:
To provide excellent brand marketing and administrative support to the Director, International Franchise and Senior International Franchise Manager focussed on the EMEA region.
• International brand strategy campaigns – Assist in the creation of brand/marketing toolkits and assets for the EMEA region working with appointed agencies where necessary. Duties will include brainstorming, researching ideas, assisting with creation of marketing assets and creating powerpoint presentations
• Assist with day to day brand management within EMEA including brand and licensee communications approvals working closely with the in-house creative team
• Assist in creation and development of new regional sales and marketing materials/communications, including brand presentations, one sheets, sizzles, newsletters/e-blasts and others as necessary working with the local territory teams
• Monitor and work closely with local teams to update market brand calendars and plans on a regular basis across the key franchise priorities relaying this information to wider teams and Global Franchise Planning as required
• Coordinate and collate channel ratings performance, scheduling, sales information and sharing of any best practices across the region and with the Global Franchise Planning team
• Conduct regular competitor reviews to monitor the latest trends and activity across the kids and entertainment landscape
• Help monitor brand health across the region and assist in research projects where required
• Act as first point of contact for any key brand/franchise information for the EMEA region and internal teams
• Ensure regular communications flow with the Global Franchise Planning team and sharing of information or assets with regional and local territory and/or category teams
• Build relationships and work closely with new and existing partners / internal teams
• General office and administration support to the team including raising purchase orders, liaising with legal etc
Creative Team Support:
To provide administrative support to the designers on a day to day basis including Brand Management and Creative Team.
• Support Design Manager with the creation of various Trade Show materials for Asia, EMEA and America’s.
• Support the creative team on design briefs and working from existing artwork to amend files using Adobe
Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
• Creative Assets – handling the flow of working files between CS team and Nick Central
• Be adept in the creation on print, online, social (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) materials
• Responding to artwork, logos, information email requests for promotions & marketing submissions.
• Support in-house creative retail and marketing team to package up and distribute final artwork
files for print.
• Creating visual communication for new CS team deliverables.
• Liaising and working effectively with external agencies
• Involvement in team brainstorms on new creative approaches
• Research retail trends and present findings to wider team
• Minimum 2 years’ working experience in a similar role, preferably in the field of marketing, business, media/entertainment, communications or design
• Degree in brand management, marketing, business and/or creative/design
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to build effective relationships across the organisation
• Ability to be proactive, work as a team and act independently
• Superb organisation skills with a keen eye for detail
• Ability to prioritise, coordinate multiple tasks/projects and competing work demands
• Mac/PC literate - Solid understanding of Microsoft Office in particular Powerpoint, Excel, Word
• Desired – basic skills / working knowledge of creative suite (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator)
Viacom Core Competencies:
• Communicates and Listens
• Builds Relationships
• Influences and Negotiates
• Takes Initiative
• Manages the Work
• Composure and Flexibility
• Acts with Integrity
Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops creative products and solutions
• Judgment and analysis
• Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
• Communicates effectively with employees
• Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
• Defines, directs and delegates work
• Develops people through feedback and coaching
• Creative Excellence
• Passion & Optimism
• Teamwork & Transparency
• Flawless Executive
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when hiring for our teams, we think outside the box, we are open minded and champion difference.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here