MTV is expanding its presence in the Travel arena and is looking for a highly organised and adaptable content and video producer to manage the day to day editorial and video creation across our website and social paltforms.
The role will be responsible for managing editorial and video on our site – including commissioning external contributors to produce local Travel content around the world, liasing with third-party production companies to commission and then sign-off and publish Travel short-form series, and ensuring Travel content surfaces cross-platform across all of MTV’s social platforms.
You will work closely with the Managing Editor to ensure the content strategy is implemented, and a solid bank of video and editorial content is scheduled throughout the year.
You will closely with the Video team to ensure edits are executed and delivered on a timely basis.
Your experience includes digital editorial and video production, social media, and could include some MTV and broadcast experience.
You have an affinity for the pop culture MTV is famous for, and enjoy travel and lifestyle content and want the opportunity to be involved in a creative project. You’re keen to get your hands dirty as part of an emerging Travel vertical.
- Implementing the core content strategy across digital and social
- Adding high quality editorial and video to the site daily
- Commissioning and sourcing content from global contributors
- Monitoring traffic volumes cross-platform and reacting strategically
- Communicating with international teams to source and distribute editorial and video
- Exec producing external video productions and overseeing editing into suitable packages
- Role will be London-based but may require international travel for extended periods
- Management of ad hoc commercial and branded content opportunities on the site
- Must be Mac literate
- Experience in developing editorial and video content
- Experience in production processes including scoping, commissioning and budgets
- Adobe Suite experience beneficial but not mandatory
- Experience working on a digital travel/lifestyle/entertainment brand
- Interest in and knowledge of travel/lifestyle/entertainment
- Ability to manage your own projects
- Superb organisational skills
- Ability to build strong working relationships remotely and face-to-face
- Understanding of the needs of a mobile-first Travel vertical
- Experience with content management systems
- Solid understanding of commercial/creative editorial requirements
- Creative flare, out-of-the-box thinking, and passion for travel, lifestyle, and entertainment
- Bring a sense of humour to the team and share inspiring influences, trends and ideas
INNATE ABILITITES (e.g. common sense, diplomacy, initiative)
Drive, enthusiasm, leadership, creativity, positivity, problem-solving, initiative, organisation, good communicator, team spirit
PERSONALITY (e.g. attitude, character, disposition)
Dynamic, energetic, creative, passionate, resourceful, innovative, adaptable, solutions-oriented