Junior Contracts Manager (Paralegal)
Business and Legal Affairs Team, Consumer Products
A key role within the Business and Legal Affairs Team (CP BALA) that is responsible for ensuring a fast, efficient and consistent turnaround time for Consumer Products deals across all international territories whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times. Providing other support to Senior Contracts Manager, Senior Counsel and VP as/when required.
This is a great opportunity if you're an experienced Paralegal looking for your next step. You'll work with some of the biggest brands around, including MTV and Nickelodeon in a highly experienced team with a global remit.
• Managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for licensing deals (merchandise, content and promotions) for business groups across the international region, as required, for Senior Contracts Manager’s review and approval;
• maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, agents and licensees;
• assisting with admin tasks, research, sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
• assisting other Junior Contracts Managers as required;
• assisting with supervision of CP BALA Intern;
• maintaining templates and suggesting updates;
• creating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel’s review and approval;
• maintaining and circulating BALA reports as required; and
• assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed.
Role Specific Skills/Attributes;
• Experienced paralegal;
• Experience working in-house preferred, but will consider applicants from private practice background that have had experience managing own caseload and dealing directly with clients;
• Confident drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements and amendments;
• Attention to detail;
• Excellent time management;
• Accuracy and speed to ensure fast and efficient turnaround times;
• Able to work well under pressure;
• Able to work well with other team members, other internal departments, agents and licensees;
• Willing and able to assist other team members with drafting contracts/amendments as/when required; and
• Providing excellent and professional service at all times.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work. This is embedded in our recruitment practices to ensure we hire the best talent and enrich our mix. So when hiring for our teams, we think outside the box, we are open minded and champion difference.