Manager, Social Media Analytics – Research Analytics, Business Intelligence
Reports To: Director, Research Analytics, Multiplatform
Location: Camden Town, London
Viacom International Media Networks
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, apps, games, consumer products, social media and other entertainment content for audiences in more than 165 countries and territories. Viacom's media networks, including MTV, VH1, CMT, Logo, BET, CENTRIC, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., TeenNick, Nicktoons, Nick at Nite, Comedy Central, TV Land, SPIKE, Channel 5 (UK), Tr3s, Paramount Channel and VIVA, reach a cumulative 3.2 billion television subscribers worldwide. Paramount Pictures, America's oldest film studio, is a major global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment.
The Research Analytics team is responsible for all BI research reporting outputs across Viacom’s International linear and non-linear platforms (TV channels, website/apps and social media). The role of the Analytics teams is to provide stakeholders with regular analytics, data-led insights and business expertise. Using reporting tools, we manage and publish numerous weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on performance and forecasting across all major metrics that inform and guide the business. Stakeholders (brand groups, regional clusters, business lines and HQ) look to the team for analytical insights and expertise relating to performance and trends across VIMN’s properties and the markets in which we operate.
In addition, the Analytics branch brings together dedicated BI operations, expertise, and support. Influencing all levels of the data flow from source through to report production, the group ensure business reporting is reliable, impartial, consistent and timely. The team is also involved in projects to build bespoke tools and dynamic dashboards to democratize research data across the business for self-service.
Working closely with the brand digital media leads the role will involve monitoring, reporting and analyzing performance of content across VIMN properties on social media platforms. This will include regular reporting and analysis across all key performance metrics, identifying trends and helping guide content strategy and audience development. In addition the role will manage performance forecasting, provide competitive context and proactively anticipate industry trends and issues. As part of the Business Intelligence Research Analytics team the role will also proactively contribute to our aims of developing, enhancing and automating our reporting and analytics solutions in line with stakeholder and business requirements.
• Provide regular reporting and analysis of shortform/social media content across key performance metrics (views, time spent, engagement rates, view through rates, sentiment etc.)
• Provide day to day insights on the performance of individual assets/content pieces and in turn be able to offer the best course of action based on the insight
• Highlight trends and tell the story of content performance, identifying any anomalies or issues that need addressing
• Run competitor analysis on other content types, brands and channels and use this insight to help guide our content strategies and give key insights in how we can adapt in order to grow
• Be able to provide in-depth analysis and case studies on particular topics on request and report findings back to relevant teams
• Manage forecasting process for nominated brand and advise on performance to estimate
• Deliver ad-hoc cross-platform (Websites, Apps & Social) reports & insights to assist stakeholders with business decisions
• Define workflow in internal and external systems to ensure correct data is captured and reported
• Manage and understand requirements across stakeholder groups and be able to support business objectives for these groups
• Work with the Reporting Operations group to develop, enhance and automate reporting solutions
• Experience of providing social research analytics and data to senior stakeholders, ideally in an international business
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of digital metrics and the wider digital industry
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate subject matter authority and expertise
• Experience of key digital media reporting tools (e.g. Falcon, Tubular Labs, Adobe Analytics)
• Understand concepts behind Business Intelligence (e.g. – data warehouses, automation) and how information can be used to drive competitive advantage
• Hands-on technical BI skills an advantage, ideally including experience using BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Ability to accurately interpret and translate varied and complex requests into actionable tasks
• Proactively identify opportunities to improve processes and services provided
• Demonstrate ability to quickly communicate timelines, prioritize, maintain focus, delegate if necessary and deliver results in a timely manner when faced with numerous urgent tasks
• Have excellent attention to detail and ability to monitor and review the quality of work done by self and others to maintain appropriate standards
• Be able to demonstrate Viacom Core Competencies and share VIMN values (see below)
Viacom Core Competencies:
• Communicates and Listens
• Builds Relationships
• Influences and Negotiates
• Takes Initiative
• Manages the Work
• Composure and Flexibility
• Acts with Integrity Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops creative products and solutions
• Judgment and analysis
• Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
• Communicates effectively with employees
• Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
• Defines, directs and delegates work
• Develops people through feedback and coaching
- Creative Excellence
- Passion & Optimism
- Teamwork & Transparency
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. THIS FORM SUMMARISES THE MAIN ASPECTS OF THE JOB BUT DOES NOT COVER ALL THE DUTIES THAT THE JOB HOLDER MAY HAVE TO PERFORM.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.