MTV Shuga - Researcher
FTC - 14 Months
London, Camden Town
MTV Staying Alive Foundation fights HIV globally, funding innovative youth-led programs and producing ground-breaking content for young people around the world. MTV Shuga is a 360 mass-media campaign that harness the power of entertainment to affect positive changes in the behaviours and attitudes of young people throughout the world.
To date, MTV Shuga has been delivered in Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. As a Researcher you will be working closely with the senior content team to deliver all output across the various campaigns.
- Support the senior content team in the development of material and items from inception through to delivery.
- Support senior team in developing creative strategy for MTV Shuga.
- Work alongside senior content team throughout the three phases of production; planning, production and post.
- Work alongside senior content team, freelance producers and editors to create output for the different campaigns.
- Pitch ideas for the various creative channels in play (i.e. drama series, short-form, PSAs, live, etc.)
- Contribute towards the design and aesthetic feel of MTV Shuga branded content and items.
- Support the delivery of on-air items.
- Support in the development of long form programmes, i.e. pitches, script development, design, dailies, delivery, complementary content (16 & Pregnant, IRL, Pre-show, etc.) alongside senior team and freelance producers.
- Support in the development of short form items.
- Research items to be shot on location, develop ideas, coordinate material, plan shoots, identify suitable locations, support in the edit, and work closely with freelancers.
- Identify potential contributors, partners and organisations to work with.
- Landscape new territories in which the campaign may expand.
- Identify and establish key contacts across the network of the organisation’s operations.
- Review dailies and report back to senior content team where appropriate.
- Support the filming of items, where possible.
- Produce VT and On-Air items to support the campaign’s objectives (i.e. promos, conferences, premieres, etc.)
- Attending post-production for content being delivered.
- Attend shoots when taking place in London.
- Excellent IT skills (ideally including Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite)
- Well organised
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good research skills
- An interest, training or background in media (TV, radio, online)
- An interest in international youth culture
- An interest or background in international development
- French / Hindi language skills an advantage but not essential
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.